GST Assisted Self-help Kit (ASK) Enhancement
IRAS has enhanced the ASK, principally, on Sections 1 & 2 of the ASK such that it is now easier to complete these 2 sections. Section 3 of the ASK remains the same with cosmetic updates to the templates.
For Section 1:
- It takes between 15 - 20 minutes to complete and comprises 4 modules.
- It also has a percentage of completion "bar" at the top of the page.
Our comments: There is a nifty score at the end and a summary of the issues / gaps for enhancement. This summary is a definite plus!
For Section 2:
- It takes between 40 - 90 minutes to complete on average and comprises 6 Boxes.
- For those under MES, you will be required to complete between 4 and 5 Boxes.
- Please note that it is important that you choose your responses accurately and to read the relevant comments by the IRAS, as depending on your responses, the automated checklist will direct you to the next relevant question / next relevant Box accordingly.
- IRAS has condensed 6 checklists into 1 simple to use checklist.
- However, unlike Section 1, there is no summary at the end on your issues/gaps. Hence, you will need to note down the errors, potential errors or any GST issues which you are not sure of while doing the checklists. Do clarify with your GST advisor or IRAS accordingly on any outstanding issues you are not sure of.
- If, like me, you are thinking about printing this checklist, I have to warn you that it is more than 100 pages long! So, please refrain from printing unless necessary. Instead, you may wish to save it in "pdf format" and review it on softcopy instead.
TIP: If you are unable to view the questions under Section 1 or 2, please adjust your screen magnification accordingly. It is usually located at the bottom right hand corner of the Excel sheet.